
Well when we got back from California, Claire had a 103* temperature and some really gross eyes. My nephew Gavin had pretty much the same thing in Cali so I asked my sister in law what the doctor said when she took him in. It was only a cold and he had and ear infection as well(which he is prone to getting all the time). So I figured it was just a cold and didn't take her in. well a week went by and her eye was only getting worse. She woke up one morning and it looked like she was punched in the eye and it was swollen shut and black and blue from so much swelling. So I had Derric take her in and sure enough she had four different things! An ear infection, pink eye, eye infection and a tissue infection around the eye that is pretty serious. If the infection gets too bad it can cause the child to go cross eyed or even loose sight. Crazy! Here is a picture of the pain! This is a few days after she was on meds and looking a lot better! She is trying to do a silly face! I am the type of mom that never takes my kids to the doctor unless there is something broken or bleeding seriously-so times like these make me feel so horrible!


4 comments:
She looks so miserable. I am glad her eyes are not crossed eyed! I don't think there is anything worse than sick kids.
Oh Claire Bear...you sweet lil thing...glad to hear you're doing so much better!
How sad, I'm glad she's on the mend!!! I always feel so bad for kids when they are sick!!!
Both my kids had the same sickness! Their eyes were bright red and they had high fevers and ear infections. I can't wait for the warm weather to come so we can be done with all the sickness!
Post a Comment