Well Derric told me that I was either going to love what he had planned for our Valentines Date or I was never going to talk to him again! I went thru both emotions through-out the night!:) I got a note Friday morning to meet him at his work for a 9am appointment. When I got there he had a lady waiting to fit us for old fashioned costumes. I then found out what we were going to be doing. We were going back in time to the 1850's-He knows I love history. We started out our date Saturday night going to Porter Rockwells stakehouse established in 1852(yes in full costume!)I didn't think I would be as embarrassed as I was, but I thought I would die! Derric however loved it despite all the stares we were getting. We then went out to Camp Floyd in Fairfield and went through the museum there. Those who don't know about it, it was at one time the biggest US military base in America before they all had to leave to go fight in the Civil War-They were there as commanded to take care of what they believed was going to be the Mormon Rebellion. Well we then met up with all the other brave couples that were all dressed up for a night of dancing. We meet in the historic school house and were taught dances from that time period and before. We learned a lot of dances that you would see in "Pride & Prejudice". At times I would be so into it as if my name was Emma and then I would start laughing hysterically thinking, "what are we doing??!!!" All in all it was a really fun night-it was different and Derric and I actually got to dance together-Something we always want to do, but neither of us are very good at dancing! We were actually able to learn the dances pretty quickly! Derric kept saying-'I think I was meant to live in this time period! I love their clothes and their dances!' I am glad that he was so creative and did something out of the box-I think??!!


1 comment:
You guys are H.O.T. What a clever and thoughtful idea D. It looks like some good times!
Post a Comment